SINGAPORE – Further to our story on Maldives’ new luxury resort development, Fari Islands – anchored by hotels The Ritz-Carlton, Capella, and Patina – CEO of Capella Hotel Group, Nicholas Matthew Clayton reveals deeper insights into this major project launching in Q4, and which target market newbie brand Patina Hotels and Resorts was designed for.
1. The reason behind investing two brands in Fari Islands: “the uniqueness of the development itself”.
“It’s an elevated Maldivian resort experience with three world‐class resorts, a vibrant Marina, and a high‐energy beach club. The latter two will [also create] opportunities for rich social engagement that’s part of the Patina brand DNA,” said Mr. Clayton.
From hotel to marina to beach club, they’ll all be within a 10‐minute boat ride from one another.
2. Capella’s sister brand, Patina Hotels and Resorts caters for today’s progressive travellers who care about travel’s carbon footprints without giving up life’s luxuries.
Still a luxury brand, Patina will push beyond the typical boundaries of a traditional hotel, to offer “a more sophisticated lifestyle experience for the ‘young at heart’,” said Mr. Clayton.
He’s referring to today’s new generation of progressive travellers, who have a “deep appreciation for well‐ being, conscious living, and non‐conventional experiences while never wanting to sacrifice the level of service found at ultra‐luxury hotels such as Capella”.
3. In short, Patina offers luxury travel at more flexible prices.
In locations where both Capella and Patina properties are planted, the latter brand will offer more keys - which translates to better flexibility in pricing, thus allowing more guests to experience this luxury travel experience.
4. It’s all about surprise and spontaneity for Patina – guests will never know what new concepts they’ll see next.
“Patina Hotels and Resorts is more committed to offering a surprising and dynamic experience, and we hope to let the brand evolve naturally, using it as a ‘testing ground’ to innovate new concepts that are born out of guests’ ever‐evolving needs,” said Mr. Clayton.
5. Travel agents can expect to see more of the Patina brand in 2021.
Patina’s also rolling out projects in Bali and China. The Sanya branch will open in Q2 2021, while the Ubud branch will welcome its first guests in Q3 of the same year.