Chan Brothers Travel prepares for travel demand with a safety-first mentality. The agency has launched Travel Safe, Travel Smart protocols that are aligned with the globally recognised SafeTravels protocols set by World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). It was unveiled together with a new 11-day Classic Germany Romantic Road tour under the Vaccinated Travel Lane with Germany.
The tour highlights multifaceted attractions of the south of Germany such as majestic castles, picturesque towns, natural beauty and the region’s unique wine and beer experiences. Departures are scheduled from October 2021 to March 2022.
According to Managing Director Anthony Chan, the agency has embarked on multi-pronged efforts to ensure precautionary measures are in place to safeguard the health of travellers and employees at all times.
The SOPs provide a framework for identifying preventive measures in four key stages of travel planning: booking requirements, safe and smart operations, pre-tour- and on-tour assessments.
1. Booking flexibility
• Free cancellation and flexible refund policies for tours related to Vaccinated Travel Lane – Germany.
2. Full refunds
• Provide full refunds in the form of travel credit. This applies for bookings cancelled at least one month before departure date.
3. Safeguard against Covid-19 travel restrictions
• In the event of tour cancellations due to government policies, provide a full refund by payment or travel credit (Chan Brothers offers a bonus S$100 credit)
• In the event of positive Covid-19 test results within one month of departure, provide full refunds by travel credit.
4. Enhanced Covid-19 protection benefits
• Provide protection benefits. Chan Brothers provides up to S$2,500 or up to S$50,000 if diagnosed with Covid-19 before tour departure or while overseas respectively.
5. Contactless and convenient service
• Maintain customer service via website, email, WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, video and phone calls for all bookings and enquiries.
• Facilitate tour briefings via virtual or pre-recorded briefings for convenience.
6. Trusted partners
• Enable ease of mind with partners who have been vetted and who uphold stringent health and hygiene protocols according to SafeTravels protocols by WTTC.
7. Timely updates
• Communicate with frequent updates on changing travel conditions such as border and local restrictions throughout the tour.
8. Safe distancing rules
• Control group size of maximum 20 travellers with safe distancing rules in place.
9. Equipped with essentials
• Provide complimentary care kits comprising face masks, hand sanitiser and wet wipes.
10. Proper health declaration and procedures
• Clear health declaration and contact tracing forms for all travellers prior to departure.
• Ensure up-to-date vaccination status for travellers and tour managers and leaders at least 14 days before departure.
• Consistency in measures such as temperature taking at airports and twice daily throughout the tour.
11. Contingency plans
• Rely on expert tour managers who are able to react quickly to emergencies with alternative plans.
12. Properly sanitised transportation
• Increased frequency of cleaning, disinfection and natural ventilation.
13. Safe dining
• Reduced/Replacement of buffets with individual food servings.
• Practise social distancing with specially assigned seating among groups, except for travellers in the same group.