Globally the appetite for travel is growing, with India (47%), Malaysia (36%) and Singapore (31%) travellers at the top with plans for either domestic or international travel over the months of November, December and January 2021.
In the October poll by Finder.com, it seems Singapore travellers are taking the VTL bait — with one in five (19.6%) indicating plans for international travel over this three months.
For the Singapore market, October's results mark a significant increase compared to September and August when only 13% and 10% of correspondents respectively indicated overseas travel plans.
A factor could be the swift increase in the number of vaccinated travel lanes (VTLs). From 6 December, vaccinated travellers flying out of Singapore can travel to 21 countries:
• Australia (from 21 November)
• Denmark (from 10 November, Singapore visitors need to undergo quarantine in Denmark)
• Finland (from 29 November)
• India (from 29 November)
• Indonesia (from 29 November)
• Malaysia (from 29 November)
• Qatar (from 6 December)
• Saudi Arabia (from 6 December
• South Korea (from 15 November)
• Sweden (from 29 November)
• UAE (from 6 December)
• United Kingdom
• United States
As opposed to the top three countries with the highest travel appetites, the US (18%), Australia (16%) and Canada (14%) are showing the least interest.