Fransiska Handoko has been reelected as the chair of Bali Hotels
Association (BHA), with her second-term appointment running from 1
January 2023 to 31 December 2023.
“I feel very privileged to receive the trust of our member hotels to
continue serving BHA as the chairwoman for a second term. This is an
exciting time for our industry. The successful G20 meetings are the
pinnacle of Bali’s tourism in 2022 and further reassure the world that
Bali is ready to welcome travellers back to the island,” said Handoko,
who is also the general manager of Risata Bali Resort & Spa.
One of BHA’s top focus for 2023 is driving its sustainability agenda
and educating its 157 members that represent 25,825 rooms on how to
better manage their waste, energy and water. Other areas of concern
include overcoming labour shortage in the hospitality sector.
Headed by Handoko, other members on the 2023 BHA Board of Directors include:
• DfdKevin Girard, general manager of Conrad Bali as vice chairman & sustainability director
• Joel Bartlett, general manager, Mamaka by Ovolo as finance & business development director
• Simona Chimenti, general manager, The Pavilions Bali as marketing & media relations director
• Franklyn Kocek, general manager, The Stones Hotel – Legian Bali, Autograph Collection as security & safety director
• I Wayan Warta, general manager, Amadea Resort & Villas as scholarship, education & training director
• Koen Vangrysperre, general manager, Sudamala Suites & Villas Bali as community relations & charity director
• Laurens Kritzinger, general Manager, Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak as sports & cultural director
• Diah Ajung as executive director, Bali Hotels Association